It’s a crazy job market today. Many great employees are looking for their next job for the first time in many years. Many great employers are looking to add key people to their teams. So why do so many people seem out of balance when seeking their next job? Can emotional intelligence help you through your job search today?
I’ve been involved in hundreds, if not over thousands, of job searches in my career. You’d expect that I understand what it takes to successfully navigate through the hiring process for both my clients and candidates. Something is different this time around. People seem to be more stressed out than in the past. I believe emotional intelligence can help you successfully navigate through these churning career waters.
I’d like to ask some questions today and then, next week, give you several strategies for dealing with the hiring process. I believe that emotional intelligence can give you an edge on your job seeking competition.
- Are you stressed easily throughout the day?
- Are you having a hard time asserting yourself in the interview process?
- Do you have a limited ability to express your emotions when answering critical interview questions?
- Are you overly defensive when people ask you about challenging times in your career?
- Do your emotions take over at the most inopportune time?
- Are still holding a grudge against a former employer?
- Are you struggling with your past mistakes?
- Are you having a hard time understanding the questions you are being asked?
- Are interviewers hitting your emotional triggers throughout the interview process?
- Do you let people walk all over you during the hiring process?
- Can you express your emotions without going overboard?
- Are you letting other people control you and your emotions?
- Do you feel hopeless during the interview processes?
By now, I bet you’re thinking “Hey Tripp, how do you know how I’m feeling so well? Worse, I feel very unempowered by your questions today. I’m feeling angry or depressed or both.”
I believe I can share a tool with you that will help you through the current challenges you face throughout your job search. It can help you find your next best role. Emotional intelligence can help you take your life and career to the next level. Starting next week, I’ll share several emotional intelligence strategies that can help you take control of your life and destiny.
I hate to leave you hanging if you’re interviewing this week. You might want to grab a copy of Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry. You can also send me note and I can share additional resources to help you through the upcoming weeks and months.
See you next week!